Thursday, February 6, 2014

Estate Sales

I just love waiting for the weekly ads in my email telling me where the estate sales will be for the week. www.estatesales.net  is where I find most of my vintage cookbooks. This last week I came across a sale in our area. The lady of the house was being moved out into a nursing home. She had so many vintage recipe books, and vintage women's magazines all the way from the early 1900's to 1940's. I ended up buying about $250.00 worth of books and magazines. 
Some of the ones I found were: The Second Ford Treasury of Favorite Recipes from Famous Eating Places, Dainty Desserts for Dainty People, The New Home Cookbook, published in 1923, Pressure Cooker Recipes from 1921, The Martha's Book of Choice Recipes June 1919, 100 Southern Recipes from 1938...and so many others. It was a BIG collection that I came across, I could have spent all day there, I got so excited that I just about broke out into a sweat!! This is my first post on my new blog, I will be posting more adventures on Hunting Vintage Cookbooks, Will be listing some I have for sale, and posting some unique recipes that I have found  in the cookbooks on here...SOooooo, stay in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers